Tips & Tricks
Most of all – have fun colouring and exploring new techniques and colours!
Like us on Facebook
See what other contestants are doing and also get further handy tips and tricks. Click here to like our page.
Get creative and have fun with different colours and techniques — for example
hatching, stippling, scribbling, blending, erasing, or shading.
Taking a photograph of your entry
• Make sure there is plenty of light on your entry
• Daylight (not direct sunlight) will be better than nighttime with lights on
• Show half of the Pilot pen/s on edge of entry, showing Pilot logo
• Take the photograph from around 30 – 40cms above your entry
• Tap the phone’s screen to focus
• Avoid shadows – try with and without the flash
Uploading Your Entry via our Online Form
Taking the picture on your phone / tablet?
Photograph your entry (using tips from above), then go to the entry form.
Fill in your details, tap upload button, and directly load from your photo library.
Uploading from computer?
If you have downloaded your photo entry to your computer, go to the entry form,
fill in the details, click upload and choose your image from your folder.
NOTE: Max file size allowed is 15MB – Standard photo file size should be around
2 – 6MB. Larger files can take longer to upload—you will see a green progress
bar. Once loaded you will have the option to remove the file and add a different
photograph entry if you choose.
Terms & Conditions
Read through the full terms & conditions before entering. Click here to view.